Are you the publisher? Claim or contact us about this channel


Embed this content in your HTML

Search

Report adult content:

click to rate:

Account: (login)

More Channels


Showcase


Channel Catalog


Channel Description:

BoardGameGeek features information related to the board gaming hobby

older | 1 | .... | 151 | 152 | (Page 153) | 154 | 155 | .... | 184 | newer

    0 0

    by nbread

    The cost of pre-ordering the game from Boardgamebliss + shipping to the US is still less than the price at CSI with free shipping. I assume that's because Mayfair's MAP policy only affects US retailers.

    0 0

    by DragonShifu

    Ossular wrote:

    The newest version is by Mayfair Games and the last version was from Z-Man. The older version appears to have included an expansion but the newly released one does not.


    According to Mayfair website:
    "This version will also include some extras, like the Le Grand Hameau expansion and some other promos cards that have never before been included in the base game."

    https://www.mayfairgames.com/news/coming-soon-mayfair-games-...

    0 0

    by Ossular

    Oh good to know! Thanks for the clarification DragonShifu

    0 0

    by rherb17

    DragonShifu wrote:

    Ossular wrote:

    The newest version is by Mayfair Games and the last version was from Z-Man. The older version appears to have included an expansion but the newly released one does not.


    According to Mayfair website:
    "This version will also include some extras, like the Le Grand Hameau expansion and some other promos cards that have never before been included in the base game."

    https://www.mayfairgames.com/news/coming-soon-mayfair-games-...


    I can confirm this. Picked this up at my FLGS today, while the box says nothing about Le Grand Hameau being included there are cards labeled GH## among the special building cards. In other news, super excited to finally get to play this!

    0 0

    by wolvehunde

    DragonShifu wrote:

    Ossular wrote:

    The newest version is by Mayfair Games and the last version was from Z-Man. The older version appears to have included an expansion but the newly released one does not.


    According to Mayfair website:
    "This version will also include some extras, like the Le Grand Hameau expansion and some other promos cards that have never before been included in the base game."

    https://www.mayfairgames.com/news/coming-soon-mayfair-games-...


    The number of cards seems off?I wonder if they are releasing the expansion later like the Agricola Farmers expansion?

    http://www.mayfairgames.com/products/le-havre. Need some clarification from Mayfair?

    0 0

    by DragonShifu

    wolvehunde wrote:


    The number of cards seems off?I wonder if they are releasing the expansion later like the Agricola Farmers expansion?

    http://www.mayfairgames.com/products/le-havre. Need some clarification from Mayfair?


    I remember reading a discussion about this in some other thread (I can't find it now). It seems this is just specs copied from an old version of the game.

    0 0

    by wolvehunde

    DragonShifu wrote:

    wolvehunde wrote:


    The number of cards seems off?I wonder if they are releasing the expansion later like the Agricola Farmers expansion?

    http://www.mayfairgames.com/products/le-havre. Need some clarification from Mayfair?


    I remember reading a discussion about this in some other thread (I can't find it now). It seems this is just specs copied from an old version of the game.


    I am hoping the expansion is in there. I am just puzzled that there are not any detailed list of what is in the new edition. Maybe they will update the page. Will just wait until an unboxing.

    0 0

    by rherb17

    wolvehunde wrote:

    DragonShifu wrote:

    wolvehunde wrote:


    The number of cards seems off?I wonder if they are releasing the expansion later like the Agricola Farmers expansion?

    http://www.mayfairgames.com/products/le-havre. Need some clarification from Mayfair?


    I remember reading a discussion about this in some other thread (I can't find it now). It seems this is just specs copied from an old version of the game.


    I am hoping the expansion is in there. I am just puzzled that there are not any detailed list of what is in the new edition. Maybe they will update the page. Will just wait until an unboxing.


    It is there, see my post right above your first post.

    0 0

    by pansonic

    Thanks for sharing this info. Are there any more changes?

    rherb17 wrote:

    wolvehunde wrote:

    DragonShifu wrote:

    wolvehunde wrote:


    The number of cards seems off?I wonder if they are releasing the expansion later like the Agricola Farmers expansion?

    http://www.mayfairgames.com/products/le-havre. Need some clarification from Mayfair?


    I remember reading a discussion about this in some other thread (I can't find it now). It seems this is just specs copied from an old version of the game.


    I am hoping the expansion is in there. I am just puzzled that there are not any detailed list of what is in the new edition. Maybe they will update the page. Will just wait until an unboxing.


    It is there, see my post right above your first post.

    Edit: Just counted the cards, there are something like 160 cards in all. You are correct that the specs on their site is off.

    0 0

    by wolvehunde

    rherb17 wrote:

    wolvehunde wrote:

    DragonShifu wrote:

    wolvehunde wrote:


    The number of cards seems off?I wonder if they are releasing the expansion later like the Agricola Farmers expansion?

    http://www.mayfairgames.com/products/le-havre. Need some clarification from Mayfair?


    I remember reading a discussion about this in some other thread (I can't find it now). It seems this is just specs copied from an old version of the game.


    I am hoping the expansion is in there. I am just puzzled that there are not any detailed list of what is in the new edition. Maybe they will update the page. Will just wait until an unboxing.


    It is there, see my post right above your first post.

    Edit: Just counted the cards, there are something like 160 cards in all. You are correct that the specs on their site is off.


    I went ahead and ordered Le Havre and tossed in Barenpark for the free shipping. Heck , What do I got to lose,its the month of MAY-fair.
    Thanks again for the info.:)

    0 0

    by rherb17

    pansonic wrote:

    Thanks for sharing this info. Are there any more changes?

    rherb17 wrote:

    wolvehunde wrote:

    DragonShifu wrote:

    wolvehunde wrote:


    The number of cards seems off?I wonder if they are releasing the expansion later like the Agricola Farmers expansion?

    http://www.mayfairgames.com/products/le-havre. Need some clarification from Mayfair?


    I remember reading a discussion about this in some other thread (I can't find it now). It seems this is just specs copied from an old version of the game.


    I am hoping the expansion is in there. I am just puzzled that there are not any detailed list of what is in the new edition. Maybe they will update the page. Will just wait until an unboxing.


    It is there, see my post right above your first post.

    Edit: Just counted the cards, there are something like 160 cards in all. You are correct that the specs on their site is off.


    Not as far as I can tell. But I have never seen other print runs so I could be wrong.

    0 0

    by stevepop

    kyleglyn wrote:

    $63? I had suspected this would go for a high price due to demand, but this is a bit over even my pessimistic estimate. Regardless, it's great that it is finally available.

    Yeah, in my mind this makes it a poster child for the "rising cost of boardgames" argument. Can't be rationalized away with a bunch of ornate plastic. My local has a copy of the first edition for $70 so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

    0 0

    by stevepop

    saccenti wrote:

    OMG, Le Havre costs $63 (after discount) now?

    Checking records...I bought it new in 2013 for $46. And it was an expensive game relative to most Euros at that time.

    Is this a new edition, new stuff/better components? 40% inflation in just four years seems excessive.

    I'm not normally one to talk price-gouging, but seriously.

    0 0

    by Karlsen

    Thread moved to News

    0 0

    by Simonjohn

    I have just opened up my brand new copy and can confirm that despite there being no mention of expansions on the box it does have LGH and ALL of the other expansions as well. The board is a single folded board, which I assume is new, although it does retain the slight misprint about the number of hides players get in the shortened version - the board says "1 hides". After the stressful saga of trying to get a reprint of Fields of Arle recently, when the stock that Z Man cynically teased us in the UK with never even made it into the country, to have been able to get this game for only £37 from boardgameextras in the UK before the US street date seems unreal. The Mayfair website street date was originally May 18 I think, but then changed to July, but it was out in the UK on the original May date. I don't understand but feel blessed to have a copy.

    0 0

    by biffta

    Simonjohn wrote:

    I have just opened up my brand new copy and can confirm that despite there being no mention of expansions on the box it does have LGH and ALL of the other expansions as well. The board is a single folded board, which I assume is new, although it does retain the slight misprint about the number of hides players get in the shortened version - the board says "1 hides". After the stressful saga of trying to get a reprint of Fields of Arle recently, when the stock that Z Man cynically teased us in the UK with never even made it into the country, to have been able to get this game for only £37 from boardgameextras in the UK before the US street date seems unreal. The Mayfair website street date was originally May 18 I think, but then changed to July, but it was out in the UK on the original May date. I don't understand but feel blessed to have a copy.


    Simon, that is a great price from Andrew Wood!

    Can you tell me the entire card count in your new edition?
    I have all cards in my z-man original edition, inc promos, so we can confirm or refute all cards are included :)

    Is the new board dual or triple fold? Mine are 3 separate boards.
    You can get nice clear plastic jars with screw lids to keep the chits in on the board on eBay . They ship from China and take a while, but they are cheap and v good quality :thumbsup:

    0 0

    by nukesniper

    saccenti wrote:

    OMG, Le Havre costs $63 (after discount) now?

    Checking records...I bought it new in 2013 for $46. And it was an expensive game relative to most Euros at that time.

    Is this a new edition, new stuff/better components? 40% inflation in just four years seems excessive.


    You are completely correct on the price you paid before. In fact, Coolstuff still has some old information in their system for it, so you can see exactly how much they last sold Le Havre for.

    On the current Le Havre board game page, you can see related products in the bottom right with "Le Havre Board Game" priced at $48.49. If the new edition really does have more in it, then it might be worth it, but otherwise this is a bit disappointing for me.

    0 0

    by Simonjohn

    biffta wrote:

    Simonjohn wrote:

    I have just opened up my brand new copy and can confirm that despite there being no mention of expansions on the box it does have LGH and ALL of the other expansions as well. The board is a single folded board, which I assume is new, although it does retain the slight misprint about the number of hides players get in the shortened version - the board says "1 hides". After the stressful saga of trying to get a reprint of Fields of Arle recently, when the stock that Z Man cynically teased us in the UK with never even made it into the country, to have been able to get this game for only £37 from boardgameextras in the UK before the US street date seems unreal. The Mayfair website street date was originally May 18 I think, but then changed to July, but it was out in the UK on the original May date. I don't understand but feel blessed to have a copy.


    Simon, that is a great price from Andrew Wood!

    Can you tell me the entire card count in your new edition?
    I have all cards in my z-man original edition, inc promos, so we can confirm or refute all cards are included :)

    Is the new board dual or triple fold? Mine are 3 separate boards.
    You can get nice clear plastic jars with screw lids to keep the chits in on the board on eBay . They ship from China and take a while, but they are cheap and v good quality :thumbsup:


    The cards exactly match those on the list here I have matched the cards one by one, and they are all there exactly as in the list up to and including Tablet with App, the only difference is card 036 workers' cottages is now called Housing Estate. The board is indeed one folding triple board. I have only played one 2p shortened game (which took quite some time as we were so slow) but I can tell this is going to be an amazing game.

    0 0

    by Tohnren

    Simonjohn wrote:

    biffta wrote:

    Simonjohn wrote:

    I have just opened up my brand new copy and can confirm that despite there being no mention of expansions on the box it does have LGH and ALL of the other expansions as well. The board is a single folded board, which I assume is new, although it does retain the slight misprint about the number of hides players get in the shortened version - the board says "1 hides". After the stressful saga of trying to get a reprint of Fields of Arle recently, when the stock that Z Man cynically teased us in the UK with never even made it into the country, to have been able to get this game for only £37 from boardgameextras in the UK before the US street date seems unreal. The Mayfair website street date was originally May 18 I think, but then changed to July, but it was out in the UK on the original May date. I don't understand but feel blessed to have a copy.


    Simon, that is a great price from Andrew Wood!

    Can you tell me the entire card count in your new edition?
    I have all cards in my z-man original edition, inc promos, so we can confirm or refute all cards are included :)

    Is the new board dual or triple fold? Mine are 3 separate boards.
    You can get nice clear plastic jars with screw lids to keep the chits in on the board on eBay . They ship from China and take a while, but they are cheap and v good quality :thumbsup:


    The cards exactly match those on the list here I have matched the cards one by one, and they are all there exactly as in the list up to and including Tablet with App, the only difference is card 036 workers' cottages is now called Housing Estate. The board is indeed one folding triple board. I have only played one 2p shortened game (which took quite some time as we were so slow) but I can tell this is going to be an amazing game.


    That's so awesome. Thanks for that. Would've paid $100 for this. Mayfair, excellent job including the old promos!

    0 0
  • 05/27/17--19:03: New Image for Le Havre
  • by William Hunt

    <div>Le Havre played</div>

older | 1 | .... | 151 | 152 | (Page 153) | 154 | 155 | .... | 184 | newer